ANEEL (National Agency of Electric Energy) publishes the Normative Resolution (REN) nº482 which establishes the conditions of access of distributed micro¹ and minigeneration² to the electric energy distribution systems, thus creating the Electric Energy Compensation System.
The Distributed Generation
In 2012, ANEEL (National Electricity Agency) brought an important innovation with the Normative Resolution - REN No. 482/2012 - the Net Metering System.
Since then, all surplus energy from micro and minigeneration plants can be transformed into energy credits, and thus reduce the amount payable in the customers' monthly energy bill.
ANEEL extends and improves Normative Resolution 482 by means of REN 687, creating the modalities 'Shared Generation', 'Remote Self-consumption' and 'Condominium with GD', in addition to the already existing 'Generation at the Load'.
With this, the energy distributors start to allocate, in their respective concession areas, credits corresponding to the energy generated by the Generating Units to the monthly bills of the beneficiary Consuming Units.
Since then more than 800,000 systems and 7.4GWp of distributed photovoltaic generation have been installed in Brazil.
Law 14.300/2022 is enacted establishing the legal framework for distributed generation in the Brazilian electricity sector, establishing and consolidating rules for consumers to generate their own energy, especially new tariff rules and a transition period for existing projects. A positive law for the sector.
CGC co-invests, builds, leases and operates the PV Plants
A PV Plant (or fraction) is allocated
to serve one or more customers
Customers receive credits in their
accounts and remunerate CGC
Shared Generation (Community Solar)
Consortium of companies or people sharing a remote UFV.
It allows power plants to remotely supply consumer units of the same company
Condominium with Distributed Generation
Consumer units within a condominium sharing local UFV.
Distributed generation behind the meter
UFV along with consumption with eventual surpluses exported to the network.
The Company is active in development, financing, construction, customer origination, after-sales service and asset management
Bankable technologies available on the market
Project, land, connection, environmental, licensing
Quota based with non-institutional investors and institutional capital
Internal division specialized in engineering, procurement and construction
Customers are approached with PV Plants readily available or soon to be available
In-house monitoring, asset management and O&M
Co-ownership with investors reinforces alignment of interests between the parties
Before the start of commercial operation
- Identification and processing of grid connection points
- Land bank management (location, control, negotiation, contracts)
- Negotiation and contracts with the owner(s)
- Technical licensing of the project with the Distributor
- Regulatory and legal compliance
- PV design (electrical, PV systems, foundations and structures)
- Detailing (design, pre-construction and estimates)
- Interface with component and service suppliers
- As-built documentation
- Underground cabling installation
- Assembly and erection
- Subcontractor management
- Audits and Commissioning
- Digital and face-to-face marketing and prospecting of customers
- Consultative sales and contracting
After the start of commercial operation
- Billing, collection, payments
- Accounting and reporting
- Insurance Administration
- Reporting (Plant Performance, O&M, Incidents)
- Equipment warranty management
- Spare equipment management
- Management of subcontractors
- Remote monitoring
- Fault detection
- Dispatches to the field
- Interface with Distributor
- Management of service providers:
- Preventive Maintenance (cleaning, tightening, pruning)
- Corrective Maintenance
Any questions? We are here to help you.
CGC Energia is an innovative company in Brazil's community solar segment.